CURRENT KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER VACANCIES
Job reference: REQ007061
Coventry University is a dynamic, creative and innovative organisation demonstrated by its continued rise up the university ranking tables. The University has a track record of successful IP commercialisation, business engagement and support to a wide range of sectors both regionally, nationally and internationally. To build on our recent successes in IP commercialisation, we are looking to recruit two IP Commercialisation Executives into the IP Commercialisation Office.
Reporting to the IP Commercialisation Director, the post holders will work with staff and students to commercialise University Group IP, with a particular focus on the identification, commercial assessment and support to market of IP to ensure revenue return to the University Group from its world class research outputs. You will identify and then progress opportunities through to completion and revenue generation, managing relationships with academics and students, industry and other key strategic partners. A close working relationship with colleagues in Legal Services will ensure that the desired route to market for IP is approved and agreed efficiently. This will include preparing elevator pitches to start new companies and negotiation of licences.
As such the role requires knowledge and experience of intellectual property commercialisation, routes to market for IP, starting new businesses, licence drafting and license management and you will have a demonstrable track record in spin-out company formation and negotiating and securing licences. Additionally, you will have highly developed presentation skills with experience of communicating complex technical and legal concepts to non-experts.
You will be a professional and persuasive negotiator with intuitive interpersonal skills, used to working to tight deadlines and exceeding agreed targets.
The two IP Commercialisation Executives will work in the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing and the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences.
Application closing date: 14/07/19
To apply please visit
Intellectual property & technology transfer manager – Emerging Technology & Innovation
We are looking for a new colleague with an expertise in intellectual property (IP) and technology transfer to strengthen our Emerging Technology & Innovation team to lead client engagements and further develop CIT’s innovation services. You will utilise your expertise in a wide range of technology-based innovation activities, spanning from supporting specific innovation projects with commercialization advice to implementing IP-functions in large multi-lateral research and innovation consortia. Your initial work will be focused on innovation work in the Graphene Flagship (GF), Europe´s largest research initiative to date with a budget of €1 billion. Identifying new business opportunities and executing client projects is another essential part for this role.
- Maintain and develop a workflow for scouting and evaluation of commercially promising research projects – You will be responsible for maintaining and improving a process for the identification, analysis, prioritization and development of commercial opportunities based on the research in the GF
- Coordinate and prioritize a portfolio of innovation projects – You will keep track of commercially relevant research results in the GF and prioritize innovation support needs and promotion, together with a team of business developers
- Provide innovation advice – You will perform data driven market and technology analysis of innovation opportunities across different industries, and provide actionable recommendations to enhance commercialization through contract research, IPR licensing, joint ventures and spin-off companies
- Interact with and support a network of Business Developers across Europe – You will work across multiple technological fields in close collaboration with a European network of business developers and researchers and contribute with IP and technology transfer expertise
- Business development – You will engage with CIT’s potential clients to understand their needs and translate them to competitive service offerings
- Identify new growth opportunities for CIT’s Emerging Technology & Innovation services – You will contribute to the further development and growth of the Emerging Technology & Innovation team by creating innovation service solutions as well as monitoring relevant European calls
- You will report directly to the team leader Emerging Technology & Innovation
Start: As soon as possible. The evaluations are made continuously Extent: Full time Location: Gothenburg, Sweden Travel: Occasional
For additional information contact Erik Ashjari Hansson at Erik Ashjari Hansson firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 707 355 020
Send the following to email@example.com:
- • Cover letter
- • CV
- • 2 References
For more information, please refer to the attached PDF