The European Commission has funded a new service to provide specialised, professional IP advice to European Universities and Public Research Organisations.
The IP Booster is a free service, designed to help you generate a better and more efficient IP strategy. With carefully selected IP, technology and business strategy experts, IP Booster examines your research and guides your teams to develop the best and most suitable intellectual property strategy for your organisation, at no cost to you and fully supported by the European Commission.
What IP Booster can do for your organisation?
- Determine what type and what amount of IP protection you need for your project’s intellectual assets, and whether you need to acquire rights to third party IPRs
- Design a patent landscape so that you can clearly identify which commercialisation pathways are best for your research
- Conduct a thorough due diligence assessing the quantity and quality of IP assets generated by your project and estimate their future value
- Prepare your project’s patent, design and trademark applications
- Provide advice and support in negotiating technology transfer agreements
With the help of this service, we’ll make sure that research has the best chance of achieving commercial success without extra costs.
To receive the IP Booster support, you’ll need to apply using the IP Booster service website Call is always open and next cut-off date will be June 2019.
Not all public research organisations are eligible to make use of these services, so check the website for the eligibility criteria. Find out more about the application process and the services here and download an application form here.