- Adopt a negotiation approach aiming at achieving win-win deals.
- Be able to balance cooperative and competitive approach at the negotiation table wisely.
- Understand your negotiation style.
- Know the psychological biases that can be used to shape perception.
- Understand and protect yourself from dirty tricks.
- Use and be aware of possible moves outside the negotiation table.
- Be aware of what your body is saying to your counterparty and increase your ability to read body language (TBC)
- Win-win negotiations
- The different types of negotiations
- Creating value in negotiations
- Claiming value in negotiations
- Sharing information
- Efficient frontier
- Power in negotiations
- Negotiation styles
- The impact of time in negotiations
- Shaping perceptions
- Dirty tricks
- Reading body language (TBC)
- Unblocking negotiations
Why join this course?
This three-day course will gives the participants tools to prepare technology transfer negotiations and improve their skills to make moves both at the negotiation table and outside the negotiation table.
The interactive workshops include two negotiation simulations and various case studies based on the real-life experience of the trainers. The participants will have the opportunity to assess their negotiation style and will receive feedback on how effective they are at the negotiation table.
Who should attend?
Knowledge transfer officers and legal advisors in charge of the negotiation of knowledge transfer deals with industry and/or other academic institutes.
This course is designed for professionals having at least two years of experience in knowledge transfer activities. Participants are expected to be familiar with the different types of knowledge transfer agreements and in particular licences and collaborative R&D.
The number of participant is limited to 16 persons (TBC) in order to make sure that all participants benefit from adequate feedback on their negotiation skills and style.