Since the outcome of the REF procedures in the UK, demonstrating impact of scientific research made a high jump on the agendas of policymakers of research strategists, funders and science policymakers in many parts of the world. Many new insights have been generated on how this can be boosted within social sciences and humanities. Together with their stakeholders within society new consortia, methods and structures have been developed to generate more visible impact for their partners. These narratives are increasingly decisive to connect new partners and investors.
Therefore, the AESIS Network is organising an unique international conference that will bring together best practises on how to reach and optimise this impact, how to create synergy between academic and societal outcomes and how to develop research that matters. The conference will close with a signing session of some major national and international networks for a joint statement on how to “Boost Impact” for these sciences. Click here for the special discount offer for ASTP-Proton members.
The conference brings together international researchers, policymakers and their societal partners in the SSH disciplines. They are invited to share insights and learn from each other’s disciplines on:
- The role of entrepreneurship within SSH disciplines;
- Strategic alliances between academia and societal partners;
- Structured synergy between SSH and technical sciences;
- Implementing SSH impact strategies for universities and regions;
- Linking societal challenges effectively with research programs;
- How the impact of SSH on society can be effectively measured.