PROGRESS-TT, the Horizon 2020 initiative geared towards improving the capacity of public research organisations (PROs) to convert investment in science and technology into commercial returns through innovation, will launch its second call for Capacity Building for Technology Transfer (CBTT) on 30 September 2016.
Through this call, Technology Transfer Offices (TTOs) demonstrating a high potential for performance are eligible to receive up to 12 days of intensive mentoring and coaching support from February 2017. The programme of support aims at increasing the capability of TTOs in four critical areas:
- Scouting ideas/technologies from Public Research Organisations (PROs) and incentivising researchers to disclose IP;
- Assessing IP potential, validating technologies and incentivising for commercialisation;
- Accessing finance and interacting with financial stakeholders;
- Securing TTO staff skills and organising the TTO for optimum growth.
PROGRESS-TT will also support Technology Transfer Funds – funded through public sources – with:
- Bridging the gap between evaluation procedures in PROs and TT funds;
- Networking more efficiently;
- Communicating more effectively with Research actors.
Interested TTOs and TT Funds can apply from 30 September midnight via the PROGRESS-TT website. The call will close on 31 October.
We look forward to your applications!
The PROGRESS-TT project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 643486